Designers, celebrities, models and fashion editors will stage exciting, one-of-a-kind events for Fashion’s Night Out in West Hollywood stores on Friday, Sept. 10, 2010 from 6 - 10 p.m. Fashion’s Night Out is a global initiative, celebrated in more than a dozen cities around the world. It was created by Vogue magazine to celebrate fashion, restore consumer confidence, boost the industry’s economy and put the fun back in shopping.
“Fashion’s Night Out allows us to highlight all of the great fashion oriented businesses in the City of West Hollywood,” said West Hollywood Mayor John Heilman. “We have great designers, great retailers and cutting edge stylists in West Hollywood. We are lucky to have so many fantastic, creative businesses.”
Approximately 30 retailers throughout West Hollywood will participate in this year’s Fashion’s Night Out. Live music and DJs, food, raffles, store sales and giveaways, as well as a fall fashion show will be part of the citywide festivities.
Highlights of the evening include:
• Andrew Christian, 8943 Santa Monica Boulevard will feature an Underwear Twister Contest from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. A 25% discount is offered during the event.
• Catherine Malandrino, 8644 West Sunset Boulevard will feature a DJ, cocktails and a free Fashion’s Night Out Eco-Tote designed by Catherine Malandrino for customers.
• Coco de Mer, 8618 Melrose Avenue is celebrating Fashion Night Out with a burlesque hoola hooping show. Performances are every 30 minutes from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
• Alpha, 8625 Melrose Avenue asks participants in Fashion Night Out to bring their imagination! Live voguers from the esteemed House of Xtravaganza will strike a pose in the store windows. Music by DJ Vinnie Vin as well as door prizes and specials on purchases.
• John Varvatos, 8800 Melrose Avenue is offering customers who spend $300 at the store a portrait by legendary rock photographer Robert Knight. An in-store photo studio, acoustical musical performance and gallery exhibit of Robert’s work will be displayed.
Other businesses participating in Fashion’s Night Out include 3.1 Phillip Lim; Alberta Ferretti; American Apparel; Andaz West Hollywood; Arcade Boutique; BCBG Maxazria; Beckley; Blumera; Bollare; Chocolate Sun Studio; Chrome Hearts; Clothespin by Gale Parker; Coco de Mer; Code C; Crossroads Trading Co.; H. Lorenzo; Ken Paves Salon; LASC; Le Parc Suite Hotel; Live On Sunset; Marco Pelusi Hair Studio; Nicole Miller; Sheila; Sunset Plaza; and Vera Wang.
The City of West Hollywood will provide free shuttle service throughout the evening. For more information, including a list of shuttle stops and details about events at participating retailers, visit www.avenueswh.com/events/fno