Besides being the go-to libation of choice for discerning music and whiskey fans visiting the legendary venues along The Sunset Strip, Jack Daniel’s has also been one of the primary sponsors of the Sunset Strip Music Festival since its inception in 2008.
Back once again for year seven, Jack continues to support and inspire all things rock n’ roll. From Van Halen, to Guns N’ Roses, to Mötley Crüe, countless Sunset Strip greats have all called Jack their liquid muse, but how much do you actually know about the spirit that’s inspired so many legends..?
- Jack Daniel Distillery is the oldest registered distillery in the United States.
- The city of Lynchburg, TN - where the world’s supply of Jack Daniel’s is produced - is actually located within a dry county.
- “Jack” was a nickname for Mr. Daniels. His real name was Jasper Newton Daniel.
- Unable to open his own office safe, Mr. Daniels kicked it in frustration. This blow broke his toe and infection set in, eventually leading to his untimely death. Ironically a splash of his own product to sterilize the wound might have possibly saved his life.
- Supposedly the black JD label is in memoriam of Mr. Daniel’s passing.
- Jack Daniel’s is the only whiskey producer in the world that makes its own aging barrels.
- While there have been many rumors and much speculation over the years, nobody actually knows the real story behind the “7” in Old No.7.
- In JD’s 146 year history there have only been seven Master Distillers, including the original Master Distiller – Jack himself.
- Mötley Crüe have their own commemorative limited edition bottle of JD Single Barrel, of which only 290 were produced.
- “The Chairman of the Board,” Frank Sinatra was buried with a bottle of Jack Daniels.